Why People Fail Their Driving Test
To get a driving license, you must pass the road test. Unfortunately, many well-qualified drivers fail this test due to simple driving test mistakes. Regardless of how much you have practiced or studied, it is important you do not make one of these critical errors. Doing so could result in having to wait longer for your license.
What are the Most Common Driving Test Mistakes?
To ensure you are prepared for your driving test, you should take a GLP driving course in Vancouver. Instructors know the common mistakes individuals make on their test and can help new drivers avoid them. Some common mistakes made during the driving test include:
- Making a rolling stop instead of coming to a complete stop at a stop sign.
- Changing lanes without signaling or following the proper procedure of looking, signaling, checking all mirrors, turning to look for blind spot vehicles, then changing lanes.
- Driving the vehicle with one hand or using improper steering control.
- Coming to a stop at a four-way intersection and failing to wait your turn or understanding the rules of a four-way stop.
- Improperly using mirrors; such as not adjusting mirrors before leaving, not checking mirrors before reversing, etc.
- Driving an inappropriate speed; whether it is going too fast or too slow for the road.
- Turning into traffic improperly, such as not using all-around observation or signals before turning into traffic.
- Improper observation at intersections.
Driving Test Tips: How to Ensure a Successful Driving Test
If the idea of taking your driving test is intimidating, there are things you can do to make the experience less negative and hopefully, pass on your first attempt. Some tips to improve your chances of passing include:
- Reviewing the Rules - Review the rules of the road using your driving handbook. You are given step-by-step instructions on how to merge, observe intersections, and more; so study those carefully.
- Take Driving Lessons - Driving lessons in North Vancouver can help you better prepare for the physical driving test. You will have several opportunities to drive under the supervision of a licensed instructor and they will even point out any driving test mistakes you make so that you can avoid them during your driving test.
North Shore Driving School, Ltd. offers graduated licensing program lessons that include eight, 90-minute driving lessons, co-pilot lessons and 20 hours of driver education theory. Schedule your lesson today by calling 604-988-1138 or contact us online.